Bishop Blaize

708 Chester Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0SF
edit
The first Bishop Blaize inn, named after the patron saint of woolcombers, was recorded here in the mid 15th century. Demolished in 1863, its name lives on in this Wetherspoon pub. Stretford also takes its name from a river crossing. After it was demolished, the Bishop Blaize inn was replaced by the Talbot Hotel.